Monday 12 July 2010

Poor English from the Telegraph

Only a couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog for another site venting my frustration at the increasing deterioration in the English Language. I cited an example from a very well known bank whose spelling and punctuation was simply atrocious. Admittedly you probably don't need a degree in English to work as a lowly secretary in a bank but I imagine that you would need a pretty good grasp of the English language to be, say, a journalist.

Not so it would seem. Look at the screenshot I took of a very topical news story on the Daily Telegraph website. Appalling lack of punctuation!



Here is the article itself. I wonder if they will read this blog and fix the atrociously bad mistakes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7884332/Raoul-Moat-timeline-of-missed-opportunities-to-catch-killer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment